I sighed and wept for what could not be—and for all that could have been.
You made me feel
like the person
I want to be.
If we never
at least I know
more of what
exists inside of me.
To him she seemed so beautiful, so seductive, so different from ordinary people, that he could not understand why no one was as disturbed as he by the clicking of her heels on the paving stones, why no one else’s heart was wild with the breeze stirred by the sighs of her veils, why everyone did not go mad with the movements of her braid, the flight of her hands, the gold of her laughter. He had not missed a single one of her gestures, not one of the indications of her character, but he did not dare approach her for fear of destroying the spell.
Even death has a heart.
1. I’m double jointed (my elbows can do this very disturbing bend…)
2. My name is made up of grandmothers: Kaylee comes from my great grandmother, and Barlow is my grandmother’s maiden name
3. My favorite number is 3 because it keeps popping up in my life
4. When I’m sad I listen to spoken word poetry (if you haven’t looked up Rudy Francisco GO GO GO)
5. I’m nearsighted, and I have to wear glasses when I’m in lectures or when I’m driving at night.
All I really want right now is for someone to sleep with me, like actually fall asleep with me. Wrapped up in my arms, tucked tightly under the blankets and our legs intertwined. And then just be there in the morning when I open my eyes, please.